To empower students
Life At Campus
At DMCG, we believe in our students, and we take the responsibility to provide them with access to preventive, developmental and remedial mental health services on campus through diverse counselling services for all students. We believe that our students deserve support and empowerment to be the best versions of themselves.
Student counseling aims to support students with psychological, social and academic challenges throughout their study period, it aims to provide a safe climate of empathy, understanding, and unconditional acceptance. Counselling provides students with an opportunity to share their thoughts, feelings in an accepting, non-judgmental environment throughout their personal journey of self-awareness and self-acceptance. The aim is to help all students improve their wellbeing, become more resilient and cope with life’s challenges effectively. All counselling related information about students is kept strictly confidential and are not to be disclosed without the prior consent and approval of the student. Students may pass by benefiting from an open-door policy or they may book an appointment with the counselor as per their availability and schedule.
The Counsellor will assist with the following:
- Raising mental health awareness between DMCG community members including warning signs for mental health challenges displayed by students and clarifying appropriate related communication channels for reporting/referrals and for getting support on campus.
- External referral to psychiatry services for severe cases. In campus support continues for existing students.
- The design and implementation of community related events and activities that enhance students’ problem solving and leadership skills.
- Individual counselling sessions (one to one).
- Group counselling sessions (for a group of students who are facing a similar life challenge).
- Group guidance sessions/workshops (that target a larger body of students in diverse topics as per their needs).
At DMCG, student care and support are a top priority
People are just as wonderful as sunsets if I can let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, "Soften the orange a little on the right hand corner, and put a bit more purple along the base, and use a little more pink in the cloud color." I don't do that. I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch it with awe as it unfolds.