Graduate Admission Requirements :
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020
Admission Requirements (For PG Master/Diploma program (DMC))
- Applicants for the course should possess a Bachelor of Science or MBBCh or Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of Grade C or GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or its equivalent as approved by the UAE Ministry of Education, UAE. Health care practitioners, social workers, police officers, lawyers and dieticians are anticipated to apply. Any applicant who does not meet this criterion should have relevant professional work experience and approval of the program committee.
- An applicant is required to provide evidence of English language proficiency by displaying minimum TOEFL score of
550 on the Paper-Based, 213 on the Computer-Based, or 79 on the Internet- Based test, or its equivalent in a standardized English language test, such as 6.0 IELTS.
- Passing the entrance exam and interview.
- Male and female, candidates will be admitted.
Exceptions for English Proficiency Test:
- – A native speaker of English who has completed undergraduate education in an English-medium institution and in a country where English is the official language.
- – An applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-mediuminstitution who can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the Paper-Based test, or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the Commission, at the time of admission to the program.
- Attested Bachelor degree.
- Mark-sheet of the examinations passed.
- Character certificate.
- Six passport size colour photographs.
- Birth certificate.
- Character certificate from the Head of the institution last attended.
- Copy of the passport and resident visa (for expatriate students only).
- Medical certificate.
- Required result of TOEFL/ IELTS/any standardized exams as prescribed by the MOE (conditional admission, if not passing the acceptance score).
- Copy of UAE National ID.
To be eligible for the Conditional Admission in MSc program, the following criteria are required:
A student with a recognized baccalaureate degree with a grade point average below 3.00 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent may be admitted conditionally to the Master’s program. Such a student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal:
- a. May take a maximum of nine credit hours in the first semester of study
- b. Must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale in the first nine credit hours for the Master’s program