The subjects that you study
The curriculum is guided by the following principles:
- Balanced â€“ Promotes intellectual, moral, spiritual, aesthetic, creative, emotional, and physical development.
- Horizontally integrated - revolving around a set of presentations that integrate early clinical relevance.
- Coherent - Makes explicit connections and links between the basic science knowledge and clinical practice.
- Vertically Integrated - utilizing competency progression as a framework guiding student learning.
- Relevant - Seeks to connect the valued outcomes of a curriculum to the pupils being taught it; provides opportunities for pupils to make informed choices.
- Student centered - with a modality that allows for students to track their own learning and identify their own learning gaps.
- Spiral - where there are longitudinal threads running throughout the curriculum where outcomes are revisited at monitored intervals.